Sponsor: YWCA - Young Women's Christian Association
Name Changed: 1946
Former name: Girl Reserves
The Girl Reserves club of the YWCA, that began in 1918, changed it's name in 1946 to bring a fresh, modern feel to the club.
Although early press releases about the change indicated that boys had been participating and more boys were interested in joining, the Y-Teens was a girl's club. The 1952 Y-Teen Adviser's Handbook notes that boys may join in with co-ed events, but the the "W" in YWCA stands for women (and girls) so boys could not join the Y-Teens.
large silver area off the coast of Africa
Y-Teen Membership Pins
Australia noted, large silver area gone
Well defined map with raised longitude and latitude lines.
1952 Edition of Y-Teen Club Adviser's Handbook
Y-Teen Adviser's Pin
Version 1 of the Y-Teen Charm with 2 shades of blue
Version 2 of the Y-Teen Charm, only 1 shade of blue used
Y-Teen Hat Pin
Y-Teen felt patch